The Concrete Advantage in Parking Lots
Concrete is always the first choice for parking lots. Consider these advantages:
Most Economical Solution
- Competitive first cost.
- Proven longer life than asphalt or other materials.
- Much less expensive per year of average life with proven fewer repairs or maintenance—no resurfacing, frequent sealing or periodic patching required.
- Bright, clean look creates a positive first impression.
- Increases resale value of your property.
- Eliminates sticky tar on shoes, cars or floor surfaces during the summer.
Proven Long Life
- Strength increases with age.
- Can be designed to carry heavy trucks and loads without damage.
- Resists freeze/thaw conditions.
Functional Design Characteristics
- Established rational design.
- Integral curb and gutter from the start.
- Fewer drainage structures needed.
- Can be easily designed to hold storm water.
- Easy to construct with one-pass completion.
- Quicker project completion schedule.
- Minimum excavation needed.
- Expensive subbases and reinforcement not required.
- Excellent light reflectance provides greater visibility.
- No potholes or ruts to cause hazardous walking or driving conditions.
- Can be grooved for wet-weather safety.
- Doesn’t contain oil.
- Requires less energy to make than asphalt.
- Specified by three-out-of-four design professionals concerned about sustainable design.
- Pervious concrete pavement systems minimize storm water runoff.